The Fund for American Studies is accepting applications for our Spring 2013 Capital Semester in Washington, DC. This academic internship program is for undergraduates seeking to obtain professional experience in the fields of public policy, economics, international affairs, journalism, communications and the nonprofit sector. Students are placed in internships for 30 hours a week while earning 12 transferable credits. The application deadline is November 1, 2012.
CAPITAL SEMESTER SPRING 2013 WASHINGTON, D.C. www.DCinternships.org/CS DEADLINE: NOVEMBER 1, 2012 **SCHOLARSHIP FUNDING AVAILABLE***
Sponsored by The Fund for American Studies, Capital Semester combines substantive internships, 12 academic credits, career development activities, site briefings and lectures led by policy experts. This fast-paced, fifteen-week residential program provides undergraduate students from around the world with opportunities to gain the edge in today’s competitive job market and graduate school admissions, and experience the excitement of Washington first-hand.
SAMPLE PAST INTERNSHIP SITES
- Aerospace Industries Association
- American Legislative Exchange Council
- Children’s Rights Council
- Congressional Offices
- First Book
- Foreign Embassies
- Institute for World Politics
- New Leaders for New Schools
- Philanthropy Roundtable
- U.S. Department of Education
- U.S. Department of Justice
- U.S. Department of the Treasury
- Internships – Competitive placements with government agencies, congressional offices, public policy groups, international affairs organizations and nonprofit organizations
- Housing – Roommate matching and furnished Capitol Hill apartments in the heart of D.C.
- Classes – Full-time course load in political science and economics
- Guest Lectures – With Washington’s top policy and economics experts
- Exclusive Briefings – At the World Bank, State Department, U.S. Capitol and Federal Reserve
- Leadership & Professional Development – Leadership, mentoring and career building activities
- Networking – Interaction with seasoned professionals and student leaders from around the world
- Scholarships – Generous scholarships are awarded based on merit and financial need
FINAL DEADLINE Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the Deadline of November 1, 2012. There is a substantial amount of scholarship funding available, and awards are made based on financial need and merit.