- International City/County Managers Association at Florida International University (ICMA@FIU)
International City/County Managers Association at Florida International University (ICMA@FIU)
ICMA’s mission is to create excellence in local governance by developing and fostering professional management to build better communities. ICMA at FIU Student Chapter also aspires to introduce student members to existing local governance structures, leaders, and initiatives that are of distinction. ICMA Student Chapters are part of ICMA's Next Generation Initiatives.
How do I become a member?
To be a member of ICMA@FIU, please open an FIU Orgsync account by going to (http:/www.orgsync.com) and search for International City/County managers Association at Florida International University in order to join. Membership is free.
Who is eligible?
ICMA@FIU membership is open to all FIU undergraduate and graduate students, but particularly those students who have an interest in local government and management.
What are the benefits of membership with ICMA@FIU?
- Members are introduced to current issues and solutions to local government administration.
- Members gain access to national and local workshops, conferences and webinars on local government management.
- Members gain access to networking opportunities with local government managers and administrators.
- Students gain free access to the national ICMA organization (umbrella organization membership)
Faculty Advisor: Dr. Mohamad Alkadry
Chapter President: Sebawit Bishu (Ph.D. Candidate)
Chapter Treasurer: Andrea Headley (Ph.D. Candidate)